> Dave Hooper wrote:
> > What I can't seem to understand is where Aley's code is - how can other
> > software interface with it? Aley has supplied a header file for his
> library,
> > and the import library file saaemu.lib. He has also supplied a copy of my
> > SAASound.dll (this contains only my SAA-1099 simulation functions and does
> > not contain any of Aley's code). He has not supplied his own dll, however.
> > Are we to assume that we must link our code to his saa32.exe ?
>
> Unless it's a statically linkable library, yes... EXEs can act as DLLs under
> windows.

Oh what bad things I did?

It is as simple as abc:

1. Add SAAemu.lib to your project.
2. Include SAAemu.h in your source code
3. Use functions of SAAemu in you program

SAAemu.lib use SAAsound.dll. It's hidden, you don't need to know this, you
just need to have SAAsound.dll in the directory (EXE's one).

This is simle, isn't it. SAAemu don't have DLL itself. THe whole code is
in the LIB file. The SAAsound.dll is only support file, in the fact
it isn't part of the SAAemu. SAAemu just calls some functions of that DLL.

Are you all beginners or what? You should understand this, when you
programm in Win32. ?????

---

Saa32.exe is only EXAMPLE program, which uses SAAemu.lib. SAA32 is
a single source file (SAA32.CPP) which is linked together with SAAemu.lib
and shows you SAAemu in the action.
I needed this to test whether SAAemu works, since I haven't SimCoupe
sources yet.
If I had SimCoupe sources, I can incorporate SAAemu ot it in some minutes.
As you know I did this in DOS version of SimCoupe. I can do it in Win32
version of SimCoupe too.
Or better said I caould do it if I had the source.

---

I must say again: You all can save my time, if you would look to SimCoupe
0.79 source at first. The DOS version is similar to Win32 one.
Then write to me.
(To be complete, it is not the same, since SimCoupe 0.79 for DOS doesn't
use SAAsound.dll, so it is "incomplete", since it don't contain the HQ
driver. That's all.)

 Aley [eili] Keprt - student, programmer (multimedia soft. etc.)
                    phone: +420-68-538 70 35
     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ***  http://get.to/aley