David wrote:
[re: GPL virus]
> Yes. Unless the author of the original progam accepts that the new version
> no longer complies with the original GPL agreements and revokes his own
GPL
> licence. (Is that right?)

Ummm... actually, no; a GPL'd program can call whatever it likes, without
the libs it uses having to be GPL'd too. It's a purist thing to have them
all as GPL'd libraries, and not explicitly necessary.

Also, as both Allan and Ian would have to remove their GPL, I don't think it
would ever happen.

Personally, I'd want to release it under something like the original BSD
license (for personal and philosophical reasons - basically the GPL seems
like a sophistic trick to enforce peoples' "altruism" [at which point, of
course, it's no longer altruism] and is downright evil, but it's too late
now :)