On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:30:34 -0000, "Si Owen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Robert Wilkinson wrote:
>> My machines a 166 pentium.
>>
>> Wincoupe needs a faster machine than this, needs a zimmer frame to get
>> around in this machine.
>

>What the maximum framerate do you get on the startup screen with the 1x1
>window size and the 'frame skipping' set to 'none'?
>It's unfortunate that the only 2 machines I use are a PII-400 in work (S3
>video card with no hardware help) and a (dual) Celeron 550 at home (TNT
>video card *with* hardware help).  With the 1x1 window I get 167fps in work
>and ~307fps at home, so I hoped it would be ok on something like a P166 even
>tho I hadn't tried it out!  I can't get it to drop under 50fps under any
>conditions at home!
>

>Si

Yeah, its a bit slow on my machine in Win98 as well, unless i put it
in 1x1 mode and turn *off* the hardware support, but its a little
difficult to see in 1x1 mode at 1280x1024.

1x1, hardware support off, accrate mode3 off  =  75 fps
1x1, hardware support off, accrate mode3 on  =  65 fps
1x1, hardware support on, accrate mode3 on  =  18 fps

2x2, hardware support off, accrate mode3 off  =  43 fps
2x2, hardware support off, accrate mode3 on  =  24 fps
2x2, hardware support on, accrate mode3 on  =  11 fps

this is just on the bootup logo screen.

i dont understand the hardware support disabled making it better, is
it just stretch blitting you use?

i'm not running a super fast machine (celeron 300a, millenium G200,
voodoo1, 256Mb, Win98+NT+Linux)
i think it's time i blasted my system and reloaded, i dont think i've
done it for a couple of months  :)

But other that that, a very quick run with it looks very good.

Drive2>Atom Hard Disk.....mmmmmm, delicous....when ????

Heres a thought for the future....a Sam Rom extension, for use with
the emulator, that acts as a gateway to windows file access, receiving
bios type calls from sam programs, and translates them to windows file
system requests, in effect giving sam access to the whole hard
drive???... oh well suppose its been thought about before.. i ought to
keep up with this list a bit more ;)

--
Dean Liversidge

[EMAIL PROTECTED]