OK then...

Only CMK (Central Milton Keynes - the city centre) looks like a small
version of an American city, then... The rest of our Grid system is
slightly different in that our estates (equiv. to a village) are
seperated by high-speed criss-cross dual (and single, unfortunately)
carriage ways...

Funnily enough, I read somewhere that MK has been used in films to
portray US city sets. Put a few american cars on the roads, add a
few american mailboxes... and CMK is America...