Since it is 8 years old, it is NOT a fully connected cable. I'm 90% sure.

But the reason why you didn't destroyed your TV set yet is that it surely
doesn't have that dangerous pins connected at all.
You would get much worse results if you connected your Sam using this
standard cable through a video recorder, since it has usually all pins
connected so it would get those 12V from Sam.

The 5-wire solution I specified earlier is 100% safe.
If somebody wants to get even better results, he can use more wires and
connect additional ground pins to their counterparts. Although you can think
this is not necessary, since all ground pins are internally connected to
each other, you can a really better picture when more ground wires are used.
I tested it.

Another solution is to buy fully connected scart cable and remove dangerous
pins (use force).
The fully connected scart should be available for £1.20 or less.

Bc.Aley [eili] Keprt - entertainment programmer (games&multimedia)
 ICQ: 82357182 (evenings)  ***  phone: +420-68-5387035 (weekends)
      e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ***  http://get.to/aley