> On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 12:05:44PM +0100, Aley Keprt wrote:
> > Sun compilet didn't support it?
>
> That is indeed what I said...
>
> SunOS 4 has a C compiler included, but it only supports K&R.  You can
> buy another compiler from Sun which supports ANSI, but most people don't
> because they already have the free one.  You can install gcc of course,
> but it's easier if you write stuff that doesn't depend on gcc.
>
> Solaris 2 (and higher) has no C compiler, but again you can buy one.
>
> imc

GCC rulez!
At school we have Digital Unix with built-in (Digital) cc (C compiler), but
we have installed gcc too.

The main reason I like gcc is that sources for gcc are fully portable to any
operating system.
If you aren't able to compile your gcc sources in your compiler, you can
always install gcc.
Also gcc is always "in" (i.e. follows latest standards - at least as far as
possible).

But your K&R syntax isn't problem for C compilers either.
I only wonder what is in <unistd.h>, that you had to include it.

Aley