Howard Price wrote:

> Thanks for the replies, people!:
> Fake Full Motion Video in 3D on the SAM?

 In which mode ?

> It may even be feasible.

 Hm, I see nothing what makes it imposible.

> 0.5 to 1K for each frame, 12 frames per second = minute long silent movies
> with extra memory.  But let's not get overoptimistic, it doesn't work yet.

 If you wish you can take a look how we did this on Speccy. Sure there are
no 50fps too. This techniqe called "Direct disk animation". The idea is very
simple - you're writting an amination is preprocessed format. Then eash fps
you're reading one sector from disk (this takes ~29.000 t-states for 256 bytes
sector). Each frame of amination may take different amount of sectors because
it is depends on method of how animation was preprocessed (it may be packed,
pixelised, etc). After reading all sectors of frame were readed you're doing
what you need to convert it into normal picture and show it on the screen
then. Most such animations on Speccy has 5...10 fps :) For example you can
watch our demo called "ReFresh" (http://xtm.da.ru/) or PowerUP from same
site (dowload disk versions only). For those interested I can say where to
download and what to do with disk image which is actually "video" disk for
Speccy. There are famous animation converted to Speccy.