> On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Andrew Collier wrote:
>
> >Just to update on this, I've tried to connect on the last couple of
nights;
> >unfortunately the lag is so severe at the moment that my client just
drops
> >the connection :( There have generally been a couple of people on there
> >though.
>
> Is it a problem with undernet, or your internet connection in general? If
> the former, then we could always use another server? (irc.astrolink.org
> #samcoupe?)

I've not been having any trouble with undernet recently... A lot of servers
dont connect, but mIRC is just setup to try on the next server if it takes
longer than 30sec to connect (I reduced that from 60sec)..  That way, if it
does get thru the server can't be that awful.

Im getting <1sec ping thru manhattan.ks.us.undernet.org (I'm in the UK,
connecting thru Compuserve (its the only way I can connect to the net from
this phoneline ...really!!) ...but it might work for others?)

Try it.  You might like it.

Fitz