on 27/2/01 4:09 pm, Mac Buster at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Gavin Smith wrote:
>>
>> [those damn Russians!]
>
> Explain

I knew you'd pick up on this ;) I was only winding you up Mac Buster ;)
Basically, a few of the big IRC networks have been hit with Denial of
Service attacks on the servers and the ISPs hosting those servers.
Therefore, a lot of the servers have been dying because the ISPs no longer
want to be attacked and because it's cost them a fortune. Therefore IRC (or
at least Undernet) is shit slow at times and hard to get on. Last I heard,
the people doing the attacks apparently came from Russia but I'm not sure
that was confirmed. No offence intended, honest :)

Gavin