Aley Keprt wrote:
> I had to unpack all my images, since it stupidly doesn't
> accept sad.gz / SADv2 images.

Yeah, seems odd that the program uses ZLib, but only for zip files - it
didn't seem to like my .gz files either.

> Also, it seemms that it refuses to accept SAD converted to DSK or
> vice versa.

Shame it doesn't understand the image contents at all - equivalent disks
in different formats are treated as different files.  Must just CRC the
contents, which is fine for ROM images but a bit limiting for structured
files.

> And, finally, it refuses to accept disks with more than 80 tracks
(maybe
> all except 80, but I have only 80, 82 and 84).

Must be a non-80-track thing, as it also complained about undersize SAD
images - your 'alternative module player' comes on a small SAD image,
and that had to be converted to DSK and then back to 80 track SAD for it
to be recognised!

<ponder>
As Dean mentioned, it's the first release so hopefully it'll be
improved.  It seems to need:
- gzip support
- support for SADv2 (recognising gzip file with .sad extension)
- support for non-80-track SAD images
- disk format understanding for better equivalence checking

The initial list seems to have done quite a good job of gathering up
most demos and utils, even if it did pick up some commercial ones along
the way - oops!.  Tho the list does contain quite a lot of unnecessary
duplicates - maybe it'd be more useful if the 'unofficial' ones were
weeded out?
</ponder>