Andrew Collier wrote:
> I haven't examined the source, but do both formats have the
> same track skew?

It seems not!  SAMDOS uses a skew of 2 (or -2?), so the first track
starts with sector 1, and the next track starts with sector 9, the next
with 7 etc.  BDOS 1.7n uses 1 (or -1) as default skew, so the second
track start with sector 10, the third with sector 9, etc.

Still seems odd that this would affect anything, besides making it
slower/faster to read, but it's about the only difference so far.

> MasterDOS has a DVAR which allowed you to change the number
> of sectors to offset by, including zero.

I couldn't see it mentioned in the BDOS DVAR values, but it'd probably
still be possible to poke it into the code manually.  It'll slow down
the overall access to the disk on a real SAM, but that'd be a small
price to pay to get them working in a PC drive!