> Does anybody know how IORQL, RDL, WRL reacts at the SAM?

> At the Spectrum it will set to 0 if active. Should it be 1
> at the SAM if active, then this signals would be inverted
> with an Invertor. And as it looks, they are set to
> 1 instead 0 at the Spectrum.

The IORQL, RDL, WRL, and MREQL lines are stright from the Z80 and are '0'
when active.... (active low)

I guess the 'L' is put on the end of the names in the tech manual etc to
show they are active low .... it would have made a bit more sense to call
them /IORQ, /RD, /WR and  /MREQ... or have them typed as:
_____
IORQ   when being printed

which really makes it a lot clearer that they are active low instead of
sticking the L on the end of the names which has confused people in the past
too.

Colin
=====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the Sam
Website: http://www.quazar.clara.net/sam/
Issue Five of "Sam Revival" Magazine Out Now !