On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:10:26 +0100, "Colin Piggot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Does anybody know how IORQL, RDL, WRL reacts at the SAM?
>
> > At the Spectrum it will set to 0 if active. Should it be 1
> > at the SAM if active, then this signals would be inverted
> > with an Invertor. And as it looks, they are set to
> > 1 instead 0 at the Spectrum.
>
> The IORQL, RDL, WRL, and MREQL lines are stright from the Z80 and are '0'
> when active.... (active low)

I'll confirm that.

> I guess the 'L' is put on the end of the names in the tech manual etc to
> show they are active low .... it would have made a bit more sense to call
> them /IORQ, /RD, /WR and  /MREQ... or have them typed as:
> _____
> IORQ   when being printed

I believe it was something to do with the design package that Bruce
used. Quite bonkers and as you say misleading.

--
Nev - please note that mail to address nevilley@ will now
go into a spam bucket because of excessive mail abuse.