Robert van der Veeke wrote:
> Finally installed, it works perfectly. Now you can use a keyboard on your
> lap, sit back and relax while playing with a real Sam. I must say 54 pounds
> is a lot of money but i now can say that it is money well spend.

I'm really glad you like it!

I've added a wireless PS2 keyboard to my 'Sam In A Can' - Now I can use that Sam
without tripping over any cables! The update about that and other additions to
it will be in issue 4 of Sam Revival which should be out in about 9 days time.
I've even taken a weeks holiday from work to spend the time entirely for Sam
stuff - including the DTP for issue 4 amongst other things!

> To Collin Piggot, i don't have the photo's yet of the thing fitted and we
> did not install exactly as you described in the manual. The nine-pens
> connector has been soldered directly to the underside of the PCB instead as
> described on the top, leaving room for the keyboard membrame if you still
> want to use that.

Hmmm... I never thought of that - I just left the cables long enough so they
could bend around the membrane connector, but I can see how soldering the 9-way
connector on the bottom of the motherboard could make it neater and less
cluttered, especially when there is not a disk drive in bay 2.

Colin
====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the Sam
Website: http://www.quazar.clara.net/sam/
Issue Three of "Sam Revival" Magazine Out Now !