> Gavin Smith wrote:
>
> > Simple question - I need a decent plain text editor on the SAM.
> > Lean and neat, but nice to use (i.e. not vi ;)
> >
> > Is there one out there? Will it keep up with my typing? (120wpm...)
> >
> > Gavin
>
> May I humbly suggest "ProType" from Fred 60?  It's crap in some (most) ways,
> but I'm certain it should be able to keep up with your typing :-)

I have it here on the SAM beside me and it does indeed pretty much keep up with
my typing - it's missing a few things though as you probably know :) Like it
craps out on you if you decide not to load or save a file etc. Speaking of
which, it seems to look for a .p extension when loading files - can this be got
round? Still, assuming it does indeed save plain text, that's my text editor of
choice now :)

And interestingly, in relation to an earlier email of mine, it's written in SAM
C - cool. Do you have the source? Can we have it? :) Did you do a later version
that the one on Fred 60?

*goes to get ice cream*
Gavin