LCD wrote:
> AFAIK no image format is able to store more than 80 Tracks,

DSK is fixed geometry (2 sides, 80 tracks, 10 sectors), but SAD can store a
variable number of sides and tracks.  It also has a variable sector count,
but this is a bit less useful as it applies to all tracks across the entire
disk.

> so every copy protection that works with 81/82 Tracks cannot
> be stored in a image. Ony chance is to hack it manualy.

I created the SDF format to fill this gap and store copy-protected disks.
It can store a variable number of tracks, and the layout of each track
allows for mixed sector sizes, errors, etc.  The blank tracks and faked ID
field values are also preserved.

As some of you already know, I'm dropping the SDF format in favour of an
existing disk format able to represent the same level of detail (as
originally promised).  SDF was never really finished, and only two SDF
images are publically available, making it a good time to switch.  I've
added (read-only) Teledisk .td0 format to SimCoupé, and will update my disk
scanner program to generate images in that format instead.  I'll also
generate new .td0 images of those two titles soon, to replace the existing
versions.

> Even if you can make a 820 Kb image, no emulator will be able
> to load it.

They work fine with SimCoupe 0.81a  :-)