Aley Keprt wrote:

What do you mean with Disk geometry? I know that a disc has 80-82
tracks, 10 sector each, and 2 sides,
4 first tracks of a normal SAMDOS disc describes the directory, maximum
of 80 entrys. is this the disc
geometry or does it mean something different? I do not say SAD is
useless, but I just mean that it is missing
some features that "may" be useful in the future.

LCD

A disk can be formatted in several ways, many more you can imagine. SAD
supports also MS-DOS/Windows and Atari ST. Disk geometry says which format
is the particular disk in. If you miss some features you could possibly need
in the future, it's probably because SAD format is from the past, not from
the future.
Aley
I know that there are many ways to format a disc, not only MFM, 9-11 sectors, 80-82 Tracks, 1-2 sides, SD/DD/HD/ED. AFAIK MS-DOS (DD) and Atari ST Discs have the same disk geometry. The problem was, I was not able to fiond any information about SAD format, so I though, it is not very flexible because it was looking very similar to a +D image format (not
sure, was it .img or .mgt?).
I'm very sure that there do not exist many programs from the future, almost 100% of all programs are from the past or present ;-). I just mean that some software "may" have options that "may" be
useful in the future.

LCD