Quoting Geoff Winkless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Gavin Smith wrote:
> > By the way, I still plan to get the domain sorted tomorrow evening so
> > if anyone has an opinion on what domain they'd like us to use, shout
> > out today or tomorrow - it looks like samcoupe.org is in the lead at
> > the moment.
>
> ?
>
> I vehemently believe this to be the wrong approach. People _will_ remember
> the wrong thing and type .com.

It's an easy domain to remember though, easier than worldofsam.org or something
similar.

> Of course Colin could put a link to the other site from his, but that just
> tends to make people think he's trying to get free advertising by using the
> .com, even though it's actually the other way around, and will reflect badly
> on him.

Ach, I don't think so, I think you're worrying too much :) We'd both simply be
using the computer name as part of the domain name, seems sensible. Colin uses
the .com for his commercial stuff, we use the .org for our non-profit making
organisation stuff.

> Can we have some sort of proportional-representation vote-transferral
> system? :)

It's one man, one vote, seems fair to me :) I was just pointing that it appears
that samcoupe.org is in the lead at the moment. And there's no cheating going
on, because it's all done on the list ;) I don't think it matters hugely but I
do think samcoupe.org sounds nice but whatever gets the most votes for tomorrow
night will do fine.

Gavin