> > Is there a way to create SimCoupe-compatible images of
> > protected disks yet?
>
> If you'd asked this next week it would have been a whole lot easier to
> answer!  I've been trying to get a few things tidied up before Christmas,
so
> some of it is a bit up in the air.
>
> I've got a test version of SamDisk that will image (almost) any SAM title
> under W2K/XP.  It's missing some features from SamDisk 2.0, so it's not
> quite ready to replace the existing version yet.  I'd be happy to send you
> copy to try, if you're just looking to image some disks.
>
> One problem is that it creates images in EDSK format, which the current
> SimCoupe releases can't read.  I've added support for it, but I'm in the
> middle of hacking the FDC emulation so I can't check my changes back in
yet.
> It's likely to be a couple of days before I've put all the pieces back
> together though.
>
> Si

Hi, I've been reading the list for a year or two now - never replied before
*grin* - I'm one of those silent lurkers mentioned a few months back.

Does this mean I might finally be able to load in Astroball, Manic Miner and
Sam Strikes out?
I managed to load in some of my own old disks, but (maybe not suprisingly)
none of my protected ones. Gave up fairly quickly & they're all hiding in
the attic again now, along with poor abandoned Sam himself.
I think I got Splat working though. Infuriating music to say the least.

Carol