On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Paul Brooks wrote:

> Does the Kaleidoscope realy give the Sam 32,768 true colours?  I'm
> interested in what it is and what it does - (you never seem to hear
> anything about it...)

It increases the size of tha palette from 128 to 32768, but you can still
only display 16 of them on the screen at once (or just a few more, with
interrupt-based palette switching routines).

Although, sometimes, it was a problem that (for example) there were only a
few shades of red available in the palette; unless your entire scene
consists of shades of a single colour, the biggest problem is limiting
your graphics to 16 unique colours - and Kaleidoscope doesn't help with
that.

Andrew

--
 ---       Andrew Collier         ----