Andrew Collier wrote:
So if you're doing any assembly language development on the Sam,
> why not check it out?

I'm a big fan, and have already moved a dozen or so projects over to it. I really can't see myself going back to using a SAM-based assembler...

Why switch? Assembly time is pretty much instant, and you get to use your favourite text editor for the code. A single command-line can have it assembled and launched in SimCoupe for testing. Using auto-boot in SimCoupe and the "autoexec" keyword in your source file, the code will be running within a second of you hitting return. What more can you ask for?

Converting existing source files is fairly easy, using the print-to-file feature in SimCoupe. Just print the source from Comet and you'll have a plain text file ready to feed into pyz80 - chances are you won't need to change anything for it to work.

Output from other assemblers may need a some tweaking, particularly if the labels lack a trailing colon. The assembler directives might be slightly different too, but that's only a small part of the source.

So, what are you waiting for? :-)