http://www.meanmachinesmag.co.uk/feature/89/mm-staff-love-in.php

"Back in those early golden days of MegaTech when we were still on the same floor as Mean Machines, it was a privilege to work for absolutely fuck all. Of course, we still needed to eat (mainly baked beans on toast), so to pay for that we would A. Borrow money off Oz. B. Do freelance for a sister magazine. If that magazine was Mean Machines, great! Because we'd probably already played the game and we just needed to do extra screenshots. Occassionally though it was "Sinclair User".

Don't get me wrong, the editor, Alan Dyke, was a great bloke. But reviewing 48k Spectrum games that needed to "load" after playing Megadrive was fucking horrible. Rad and I mainly used to do it, and on this fateful night I think I was down in the Sinclair cellar reviewing Jim Bowen's Bullseye on the Sam Coupe (a kind of nerd-built super Spectrum: and, god, if you thought reviewing Spectrum games was tedious, imagine trying to load them on a Sam Coupe. What the fuck is a Sam Coupe? I wrote a comparison test on it for Sinclair User and I still don't know what one is. Verdict: bigger and whiter than a Spectrum. Has Sam Coupe written on it)."