Thomas Harte wrote:
> How hard is it to obtain a copy of the modified ROM in the correct
> physical format and subsequently to install it?

Unless you've got an EEPROM eraser and programmer, it's not something
you can prepare yourself.  I have access to them in work, and if I can
find a spare chip I can drop one in the post to you.  Or if you go the
Atom Lite route, Edwin might be able to sort one out with the board.

Swapping the chip is a 2 minute job as the ROM is in a socket, so just
carefully lever the old one out and push the new one in.

> Also, any thoughts on how hard it would be to put together a similar
> ROM for the Trinity?

It's possible, though I'm not sure anyone has created a ROM for that
case.  I think Colin has adapted an older BDOS version to use the
Trinity, so it would just need to bootstrap that.

Spare space in the ROM is fairly limited and Edwin spent a while shaving
extra bytes of his AL detection and booting code.  Still, with the
Trinity being a single device on known ports, it might require less space...