It should be able to be loaded to just about any page you want so you can fit
it around your things, itll nick a couple of unused system vars to track a few
things but again these will be documented.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sam-us...@nvg.ntnu.no [mailto:owner-sam-us...@nvg.ntnu.no] On
Behalf Of Thomas Harte
Sent: 10 January 2009 13:31
To: Adrian
Subject: Re: SAM Revival issue 22 out now!

I'm a bit confused about all this - how will this all work from a
technical point of view? I don't know what hardware ethernet
controllers tend to have... presumably the ethernet controller can
self assemble packets, then the z80 will run a TCP/IP stack and the
various HTTP protocol-related tasks? Are you planning to claim well-
defined pages and publish well-defined entry points/etc, or just offer
the TCP/IP and HTTP code for linking directly into programs that want
to use it?

Quite possibly I'm asking the wrong questions. If so, please don't
hesitate to say so!

Re: the SD/MMC card and reading it on full-size computers, I think
there isn't a solution yet for Trinity-format cards (?), presumably
for us people using an OS with a UNIX layer, this is just a case of
someone writing something to find the correct block device and read it
back in the expected formats, and could even be added to something
like FUSE (the filesystems in userspace one, not the Spectrum
emulator)? How hard would it be to add to Sim Coupé?