Quoting Stefan Drissen <stefan.dris...@gmail.com>:

On another note (to hijack the thread), RJ does have some interesting ideas
between all his communication issues and his one meg 128k emulator
'pestering' got me thinking - if this is uncontended RAM - how much could I
win in the SAM MOD player if I moved code and data to make use of the one
meg. Obviously larger mods would be interesting, but I'm more interested in
would I be able to increase the sample rate from 10.4 KHz to 15.6 KHz? Or
is the gain from uncontended vs contended RAM much too small?

I think it would certainly be possible to increase the frequency - but perhaps only a smaller jump... would certainly be perhaps something noticable.