David, looking forward to checking out your music, once I remember how to play it! ;-)

On the issue of scrolling games...

One SAM example that jumped out in my memory was Matt Round's Santa Goes Psycho 2 on Fred 52. Not much use for most games, but he used a really neat little trick that would work well for an R-Type style game, where you wanted a small section at the top or bottom moving along at a regular rate. It could also work for a scrolling platformer with some limited/stylised use.

He basically had a single image repeated across the bottom, that had three 'layers' of graphics (you'll see what I mean if you check the graphics) in the image that gave the illusion of varying speeds when offset by an uneven amount of pixels (probably just one pixel, I haven't checked). So you got the impression of 3 layers of motion parallax.

Either way, quite a neat trick, if anyone has a look. He also left the file editable, so if you load up GamesMaster, you can check out the graphics properly.

Warren

Quoting James R Curry <8...@itdoesntsuck.com>:

Correct -

Sam Tetris used a version of the Nemesis the Warlock music. I believe this may be mentioned in the scroll text, but I'm not 100% sure.

Great tune.

--
James R Curry