My only ASIC has exactly the same fault. Frustratingly it developed it
on a Sam I'd bought from eBay only about four months before to replace
the childhood one that's now long lost. That was about three or four
years and I paid something like £100; looking now the two available
seem to be £500 and £700, though neither appears to be moving at those
prices. Is that really how much I should expect to pay if I ever need
a third?