>Is that really how much I should expect to pay if I ever need a third?

In a word: no. Over the last couple of months I've missed out on about three replacement SAMs as mine has a problem with vertical hold/tuning. They all went in the £125-160 sort of range when I was at work and unable to bid (sobbing violins). Is this an ASIC problem as well? Could I replace it, Nev?

The guy selling his for £700 has had that auction up for months if not years, although checking his other items he's obviously a Proper Collector, he'd rather sell it to someone else who will keep it vacuum-sealed in a vault for the rest of their life. I suspect the £500 seller has just seen this ad and adjusted his expectations.

Howard