Don Hayward wrote:
I don't know whether this is a samba problem, but that's my current
best guess.

I'm using Debian woody with the upgrades mentioned below. I got the
samba-2.2.7 source and did the build with debain/rules with the
addition of the ldapsam flag.  I've upgraded my ldap, nss, and pam,
etc. libraries to 'testing' to use the tls enabled libldap.  I'm using
gcc 3.0.4.

I tested the same scenario but with RH 7.2 and gcc 2.96-81 and can't reproduce the error.
I added a ws account, joined to the domain, logon, etc. But can't reproduce the error. The rid is stored and fetched well in/from the ldap.

Ignacio
Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CTI, Director [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Navarra [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pamplona, SPAIN http://www.unav.es/cti/