Tim Oakley wrote:
Hi,

Since i posted a problem last friday, the silence has been deafening. Has no one else encountered the problem i described ?

I saw reports of it intermittantly a long time ago with a Microsoft NT Server.

I include the text of my original message below:

best regards

******************************
I have a perplexing problem which i will try to explain simply....

I was running Samba2.2.7a (2nd release) on a vms7.2-2 machine.
Everything worked fine.

I updated the server to vms7.3-1 and installed the 'vms731_update_v1' &
'vms731_rms_v4' eco's.

I reinstalled Samba2.2.7a on the updated system to ensure the 'link.com'
would use the newly installed RTLs.

All was OK except for one user (USER1) whose pc app no longer worked.
The app basically takes a text file from a samba share and sends it down
a modem line to an automated banking service. The app failed saying that
there was insufficient space on the samba share drive, which was not
true. I think the app tries to create a temporary  file on the samba share.

I have not worked directly with SAMBA for a while, but sometimes such problems are caused by applications seeing more than 2 GB free, or some number like that.

A temporary workaround for that problem is to put a big file on the share so that the free space appears smaller, until an updated application is available.

To further diagnose this problem would either require a packet sniffer trace or a debug log, and if it is not obvious from that, would require some assistance from someone familiar with the code.

-John [EMAIL PROTECTED] Personal Opinion Only

PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT ETIQUETTE MESSAGE BEFORE POSTING: