Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

So, as a Samba admin, do I have to remember to send SIGHUP manually to
all smbd processes, after every single deletion or addition a (CUPS)
printer, to make sure my users have an uptodate view? Is this by design?
Or is it a shortcoming? Or a bug?

More of a shortcoming IMO. However, it has just been brought to light
as more people use CUPS. Traditional /etc/printcap files tended to be much more static.
We'll need to work on this, but I'm pretty buried in work right now.

cheers, jerry
OK - thanks.

Kurt