David Armstrong wrote:
Thanks for the replies.  I have modified the share portion of my
smb.conf file as shown below.  Still no luck.

[test]
        path = /home/2CP/darmstrong
        browseable = yes
        read only = yes
        inherit permissions = yes
        valid users = "2CP\darmstrong","buexec","test",itadmin
        write list = "2CP\darmstrong","buexec","test",itadmin
        read list =

When modifying file permissions for shares on Windows servers, I have to
log out and log back on again before the workstation recognizes them.
Does the same go for Samba shares?

Sounds like my first suggestion was wrong, maybe try uping the idmap setting.

idmap backend                   = rid:CHEMENG=500-100000000
idmap uid                       = 500-100000000
idmap gid                       = 500-100000000

Is there anything in the logs?

--
Brian Gregorcy
IT Manager