John,

The following quote comes from the SWAT description of the "inherit permissions" parameter. From the way it is written, it seems quite plausible that it also applies to "inherit owner".

     inherit permissions (S)

Note that the setuid bit is /never/ set via inheritance (the code explicitly prohibits this).

Dale

jw wrote:
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Charles