Thank you for the info Jeremy

I think I will try EXT4 and see if I have better results then - also I agree with you about streams - I just think some of my more foolish clients wont. Better just tell them "NO" firmly and then give them the example you gave - ;-)

Any workaround for the winbind problem I have? This to me is a very serious problem and all I can think of for a solution is of making a script that would ping the DC and if the connection to the DC was gone, to kill winbind, then if the DC is back, start winbind back up. IS this a good idea? It seems very very bad and hacky to me... I am hoping with all my fingers crossed that you have a better solution!

Again, thank you - and keep up the excellent work!

Cheers,
-Clayton