---<--------------------cut here---------------start------------------->---
$ smbclient -L localhost
Enter sluque's password:
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.3]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (kolob server)
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        MP150           Printer   Canon MP150
        ML-1740         Printer   Samsung ML-1740
        sluque          Disk      Home Directories
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.3]

Looks like smbclient can see the printers fine.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?
>> "However, I cannot even see this computer from other Windows machines in the network"

Are you saying you can't see the list of printers or you can't even connect to the samba server from a windows client?