On 2011-10-03 9:26, Marcel de Reuver wrote:
2011/10/2 <sa...@printflow.eu <mailto:sa...@printflow.eu>>

    On 2011-09-30 15:01, sa...@printflow.eu
    <mailto:sa...@printflow.eu> wrote:

        Hello,
        I use Samba 3.5.11 from debian. I'm trying to add new Win7Pro
        to domain,
        but I still get error: "The specified domain either does not
        exist or
        could not be contacted".

        I tried http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7. Can you help me?
        Anything to test ?

Windows7 needs two tweaks to work with Samba 3:

Regedit:
HKLM\System\CCS\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

Add: DWORD  DomainCompatibilityMode = 1
        DWORD  DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy:
Security Settings
   Local Policies
      Security Options
        Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
>>Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated

Google on Windows7 and Samba for the details
Both done, (as I wrote I tried http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7, where registry changing is mentioned, I also found LM & NTLM settings on web as well as disable 'require 128 bit encryption'. After all this I wrote this email.

Is there anything else I may try ?

BR, Marcel