Perhaps the global section of your smb.conf has some clues. Are you able to share it with us?
Is there anything pertinent in the logs of your PDC?

Dale

On 10/03/2011 12:32 PM, sa...@printflow.eu wrote:

On 2011-10-03 9:26, Marcel de Reuver wrote:
2011/10/2 <sa...@printflow.eu <mailto:sa...@printflow.eu>>

    On 2011-09-30 15:01, sa...@printflow.eu
<mailto:sa...@printflow.eu> wrote:

        Hello,
        I use Samba 3.5.11 from debian. I'm trying to add new Win7Pro
        to domain,
        but I still get error: "The specified domain either does not
        exist or
        could not be contacted".

I tried http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7. Can you help me?
        Anything to test ?

Windows7 needs two tweaks to work with Samba 3:

Regedit:
HKLM\System\CCS\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

Add: DWORD  DomainCompatibilityMode = 1
        DWORD  DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy:
Security Settings
   Local Policies
      Security Options
        Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
>>Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated

Google on Windows7 and Samba for the details
Both done, (as I wrote I tried http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7, where registry changing is mentioned, I also found LM & NTLM settings on web as well as disable 'require 128 bit encryption'. After all this I wrote this email.

Is there anything else I may try ?

BR, Marcel