Subject:        Re: [Samba] Fwd: Re: Samba 4 & Smart card logon
Date:   Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:50:05 +0300
From:   Charalampos Anargyrou <charalampos.anargy...@gmail.com>
To:     Andrew Bartlett <abart...@samba.org>
CC:     samba@lists.samba.org

I didn't know I couldn't use kadmin.
It makes sense now.

What I tried is to start with Heimal config from the start.
I did:

cp /usr/local/samba/share/setup/krb5.conf /etc/krb5.conf

to get the generated krb5.conf

Restarted Samba and checked kinit, which worked correctly.
I cleared the tickets cache with kdestroy.

I then changed /etc/krb5.conf to:

[libdefaults]
    default_realm = SERVER.CENTOSDOMAIN
    dns_lookup_realm = false
    dns_lookup_kdc = true

[appdefaults]
    pkinit_anchors = FILE:/home/virusakos/Downloads/SuperCA.pem

[realms]
    SERVER.CENTOSDOMAIN = {
        pkinit_require_eku = true
        pkinit_require_krbtgt_otherName = true
        pkinit_win2k = yes
        pkinit_win2k_require_binding = no
    }

[kdc]
    enable_pkinit = yes
    pkinit_identify =
FILE:/home/virusakos/Downloads/server.centosdomain.pem
    pkinit_anchors = FILE:/home/virusakos/Downloads/SuperCA.pem
    pkinit_win2k_require_binding = yes
    pkinit_principal_in_certificate = yes

I created /usr/local/samba/var/heimdal/pki-mapping with contents:
virusakos@SERVER.CENTOSDOMAIN:C=GR,O=Byte
Computers,CN=virusakos,UID=virusakos
virusakos@SERVER.CENTOSDOMAIN:CN=virusakos,UID=virusakos

Restarted Samba and checked kinit without any options, which worked
correctly.
I cleared the tickets cache with kdestroy and then tried the following:

/opt/samba-master/bin/samba4kinit --request-pac --renewable
--pk-user=FILE:/home/virusakos/Downloads/virus.pem
virusakos@SERVER.CENTOSDOMAIN

There is no virus.pem so obviously I got

samba4kinit: krb5_get_init_creds_opt_set_pkinit: Failed to init cert
certs: Failed to open PEM file "/home/virusakos/Downloads/virus.pem": No
such file or directory

Trying again with the correct certificate file:

/opt/samba-master/bin/samba4kinit --request-pac --renewable
--pk-user=FILE:/home/virusakos/Downloads/virusakos.pem
virusakos@SERVER.CENTOSDOMAIN

Now, the error is different:

samba4kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: Already tried pkinit, looping

Any hints for the new error?
Does it sound like a configuration error or a certificate error?

Kind Regards,
Charalampos