On 10/17/2012 04:54 AM, steve wrote:
On 16/10/12 15:17, Rowland Penny wrote:
On 16/10/12 14:10, steve wrote:

To get rc3 do I have to download the tarball and rebuild?

Cheers,
Steve

Hi again Steve, in a nutshell, yes

Hi Rowland

Where do you get it? I looked here:
https://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/samba4/

Or http://samba.org then click on version and notes then click on the 4.0.0rc3 links, or just read emails before replying to them, quoting the announce email from Karolin:
================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

         http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/rc/
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the address
The release notes are available online at:

        http://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/rc/WHATSNEW-4-0-0rc3.txt

Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from

         http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

Also please note that samba4 != samba 4.0.0, samba4 was (is?) our project for AD DC support in samba, samba 4.0.0 is the merge of this project and the new development branch that started when we released Samba 3.6.0.

HTH.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou