Zitat von fe...@epepm.cupet.cu:

Hi!

We want to replace an old Win2000 Server (PDC). As we've already some
Samba4 AD-Controllers up and running we would like to migrate to that
setup.

Unfortunatly we're not really good at Windows-Stuff - our main Focus
ist Linux.

So perhaps someone could point as to a good (and ideally painless :-))
way to migrate.

So the current setup is:
A single Win2000 PDC used mainly as File- and Printserver on some
ancient Hardware. Clients run WinXP and Win7.

What we want to achieve:
A Samba4 AD server offering File- and Printservices on new Hardware.
(Later on we add another Samba4 Server in the same AD which we've
already done on another Installation, so no problem here)

What we consider as possibly helpful things we have available: A
Windows 2003 License and a Win2008R2 License which is currently unused.
All new hardware is virtualized, so it's no problem to setup some
additional server as intermediate step if necessary.

So, any Windows-Guru available that can help us with that task and
without having to recreate the whole Windows domain with all it's
users and rejoining and reconfiguring all client-PCs?

I think this is what you're looking for:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC

Felix.

Felix,

Thanks for your response. This is for joining to an existing AD-Controller. Does this work for Win2000 as well? As I said - we're not really good at Windows stuff and thought Win2000 is not Active Directory but the old PDC/BDC scheme.

The Server shows "The Computer is a Domain-Controller" when checking in My Computer/Properties/Network.
Does that mean this is an AD-Controller?

Regards
Lukas