Hello Andrew,

Am 09.05.2013 05:26, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
The attached patch should fix this for you.  As you might notice, the
FSMO role transfer is successful, but we then error out.

If I can get an ack from you that this solves your problem, and an ack
from a team member on the patch, I can get this fixed in master and
eventually into 4.0.6.

Thanks for the patch. I applied it to 4.0.5. Now errors are shown any more on transfers:

# samba-tool fsmo seize --role=rid
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'rid' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'rid' role was successful

# samba-tool fsmo seize --role=schema
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'schema' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'schema' role was successful

# samba-tool fsmo seize --role=naming
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'naming' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'naming' role was successful

# samba-tool fsmo seize --role=pdc
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'pdc' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'pdc' role was successful

# samba-tool fsmo seize --role=infrastructure
Attempting transfer...
FSMO transfer of 'infrastructure' role successful
FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'infrastructure' role was successful

[root@Test_DC2 local]# samba-tool fsmo show
InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=TEST_DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=muc,DC=medizinische-genetik,DC=de RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=TEST_DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=muc,DC=medizinische-genetik,DC=de PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=TEST_DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=muc,DC=medizinische-genetik,DC=de DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=TEST_DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=muc,DC=medizinische-genetik,DC=de SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=TEST_DC2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=muc,DC=medizinische-genetik,DC=de

Is there a way I can validate, that really everything is 100% fine, so I won't run into trouble after some days, when the old DC is away and caches/whatever on windows renews, etc?

What me confuses a bit on the 'fsmo seize' output was, that it first says, 'transferd successfull' and in the next line 'FSMO seize was not required, as transfer of 'infrastructure' role was successful'. What does it mean?

Regards,
Marc