Hello Matthew,

Am 15.07.2013 20:18, schrieb Matthew Daubenspeck:
I'm working next on getting several test member servers working as well,
and I'm a little confused with the config. According to the Samba AD DC
HOWTO on the wiki, it really doesn't have anything in the config about
the "idmap config" stuff. When adding member servers, does the idmap
config options only go on the member servers, or does it have to have to
be on the ADC as well?

If you have multiple DCs, then the domain group/user/etc. stuff is automatically on each DC (directory replication). Member servers are getting the xID information from the DCs. And for that you need an Idmap configuration.

For your member servers, I recommend to use backend AD and retrieve the xIDs from AD. Then you can edit the unix user/group information directly from ADUC, with all other account data. An example is in the HowTo: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Domain_Member#Setting_up_a_basic_smb.conf Also then your user/groups have the same xIDs on all members.

Regards,
Marc