Hello,

Am 16.07.2013 19:16, schrieb Matthew Daubenspeck:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 05:22:14PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
    Yes, you can use ADUC but you need to have provisioned samba4 with
    --use-rfc2307
    You can also add the uidNumber & gidNumber with an ldif and ldapmodify
    or ldbmodify. Have a look here:
    [1]http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2012/02/samba-4-posix-domain
    -user.html
    Without the uidNumber & gidNumber, using the ad backend, Winbind will
    not display any users, with uidNumber & gidNumber, Winbind will only
    display the users & groups that have them.
    If you do not want to enter the uidNumber etc, have a look at sssd,
    this will do all that Winbind does without all the hassle.
    Rowland

That must be the problem. The wiki had no mention of provisioning with
--use-rfc2307. I'll redo that and try again.

You don't need to reprovision. There was a thread some time ago, that could maybe answer some questions:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2012-September/086971.html

I'll try to place some hints about --use-rfc2307 and idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = Yes in the wiki HowTos for giving the users some more information about that topic.

Regards,
Marc