* Andrew Bartlett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> nulis:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 11:32:34AM +0700, Beast wrote:
> >

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Which samba server should have these parameters :
> >  remote announce =
> >  remote browse sync =
> >
> > PDC(DMB), BDC, WINS or any server (as many as we want?) and which server/ip should
> > be in the remote side? I'm trying to put broadcast address of remote network but
> > did not work.
>
> Good routers might block this, as it is a very good way to do an
> amplification DOS with a spoofed source.
>
> The broadcast address is what you want, I think.  But really, you want
> a shared wins server, and a samba server on each subnet (which will
> ensure that browsing works well)

I have 4 sites across WAN, each has its own NT/Samba domain and each has its own wins
server.
1. If I put PDC as the remote target, it works for samba (will it works on NT pdc too?
2. If wins is installed on same machine as BDC, so it doesn't serve as MDB. Can I use
this as "remote target"?

3. Broadcast address did not works (I already wait for 48 but never appears, with
remote PDC it appears within less than 1 hour).

4. Can I use above parameter on many server in local site?

Second is how do I tell samba to find the DC for other site? Im trying to create trust
but always get same error, even the PDC of remote target are already in dns and lmhost.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# net rpc trustdom establish irscpk
[2004/02/27 11:44:13, 0] utils/net_rpc.c:rpc_trustdom_establish(1976)
  Couldn't find domain controller for domain IRSCPK

> Andrew Bartlett

Thanks.
--beast