I'm implememting Samba-3.0.2a as a member server with winbind on a NT
Domain. I'm able to join the domain and users can mount the disk
share on their workstations.

There are however two problems that I'm running into:

1. There is no GID resolution on any new folder/file created on the
share. UID however is being resolved. Any 'ls -la' done on the share
will hang.

 I linked the libraries as per the documentation:

 root# ln -s /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.1
 root# ln -s /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1
 root# ln -s /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.2

 I added the entries in /etc/nsswitch.conf

         passwd files winbind
         group files winbind

 runinng 'wbinfo -g' lists all groups but 'getent group' truncates the
output and just a few are listed.

2. Adding any other groups than "User", "Domain Users" and "Everybody"
to a file/directory permissions fails with "Permission Denied" message.

 I'm attaching both samba and winbind smb.conf files.
--
Herbert Azmitia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sun Microsystems Inc.
[global]
        workgroup = ABC
        netbios name = MEMBER1
        interfaces = 10.10.10.10
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = PDCSERVER BDCSERVER
        server string = Samba (%v) domain (%h)
        template homedir = /usr/local/samba/home/%D/%U
        lock dir = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
        pid directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
        log file = /usr/local/samba/logs/logfile
        # smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
        log level = 4
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        winbind gid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes

[temp]
        comment = Test Directory
        path = /var/samba
        read only = No
[global]
        workgroup = ABC
        interfaces = 10.10.10.10
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = PDCSERVER BDCSERVER
        min protocol = NT1
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        winbind gid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        winbind use default domain = true
        winbind separator = +
        smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/winbind/private
        lock directory = /usr/local/samba/winbind/locks
        pid directory = /usr/local/samba/winbind/var/locks