Its not an acl problem, because I can ldapsearch to both the master and the slave(local ldap server) from the BDC. The logs I'm looking at is /var/log/debug and the log.smbd. Thanks for your help!

Jason

Beast wrote:

Jason C. Waters wrote:

This is my setup, is something still wrong.

Samba PDC machine with LDAP
   IP: ldap.master
   nss mapped to local ldap server(ldap.master)
   samba ldapsam:"ldaps://ldap.server"

Samba BDC machine with LDAP, has openldap running locally for a backup ldap server
IP: ldap.slave
nss mapped to local ldap server(ldap.slave)
samba ldapsam:"ldaps://ldap.master ldaps://ldap.slave"

This setup doesn't work for me. But if I only use the local LDAP servers on each machine it does, but that does seem like its a backup server. Am I just thinking about this in the wrong way? Thanks for your help.

Maybe ACL prevent samba to bind? try using "ldapsearch -h ip_of_slave/master" from samba server. Also check the LOG file, they must give you some clue.

good luck.