Alexander Varga wrote:

Thanx
...and yes. It is realy a big trouble with lot of users. I tryed ldap, but hence my LDAP server is an Novel eDirectory, I am not realy familiar with it and couldn't find any advice on google to configurte it right(the problem I have is to use the right filters while searchyng the LDAP accounts and rights). I read about winbind. ... would it be a solution for me, or better try it once again with LDAP?
I need also do manage access to directoryes with restrictions. maybe pam could do that. ... some suggestions?

Unless I am mistaken, PAM is the combination passwd/group file with a seperate smbpasswd file. From what you are saying, that's not what you want.

LDAP is what I would focus on and only because you seem to already have a working LDAP installation running.. If you are still in your early stages with this server (If it is a Linux Server) you could give it a reinstall, I know that during the (Expert) installation process of several different distributions you are asked what kind of authentication model you wish to use, I know that LDAP is one of the choices and it might be easier to configure that during the install then after the initial install of the OS. Believe me when I say this, I am totally lost when it comes to LDAP Authentication.and the above is just a guess.

I am very far from an expert here, I am also not very familar with Winbind.

   I am mearly okay with a few areas of setting up Samba, nothing more.

   Good luck!
   -Rob