Jeremy Allison wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 07:45:53AM -0500, Nathan Vidican wrote:

No confirmation over here, havn't had a chance to compile a new copy -
rolled back to 3.0.8 for the time being it's been less buggy but still have
occasional file(s) locking up.

A little unclear here, do I need to add a patch to 3.0.13 before compiling,
or simply add 'dos filetime = yes' to the configuration?

Lastly, does it matter if I'm not using ACL's? Just using plain old UNIX
permissions (750/660 dir/file) and the force-group parameter for most
shares - which works quite well thus far.

No, you don't need to add a patch. Simply setting dos filetimes should
do it.

Ohh, I have added the patch you emailed to the newsgroup on 24/3/05, in this thread, I guess I should back that out again in my custom rpm? Or is it a fix that will make it into 3.0.14 anyway? (maybe I am confusing people with my question about my self-rolled samba rpm, where I included your newspost as a patch on top of 3.0.13, sorry)

--
Urs Rau