All Version Information and Print Section of cmb.conf at end of email.

Ok I have a Samba server set up and functioning as a Primary Domain Controller with File and Print services, but there are a few glitches + odds and ends not yet functional.

1. Printer Management. - I have a HP Laserjet 1200 connected to the USB ports and configured via cups. Print Que does not list any of the items in the Print Que, nor can I pause it as an administrator.

2. When selecting this as the printer from windows it is exteremely slow and may take up to 3 minutes to acknowlage your selection, but when you click print with it set as the default printer it prints right away.

3. print command is apairently being ignored completely. I attempted as you can see in the config to add a perl script that would count how many prints each user made and add it to a MYSQL database. Even when I removed the stuff after the perl script on both the Printer Config and the general printer configs it still printed and did not call the perl script.

My primary Goal is to record the number of pages printed by each user. If you have a way to output user:pages as a new line to a text file I can parse that with a cron job. Please let me know.

PS. I appricate all the work done with samba over the years.

Ben Gaide

# Partial Samba Config File. -- Shows All Printer config lines -- # 2. Printing Options: printcap name = cups load printers = yes printing = cups printer admin = @administrators show add printer wizard = yes max print jobs = 100

[printers]
  min print space = 4000
  comment = All Printers
  path = /var/spool/samba
  browseable = no
  guest ok = no
  public = no
  writable = no
  printable = yes
  print command = /usr/bin/printcount.pl lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r
#   lppause command = /usr/bin/enable %p
#   lpresume command = /usr/bin/disable %p
#   lpq command = lpq -P %p
#   lprm command = cancel %p-%j

[HPLJ1200]
       comment = Fiji Study Printer
       printer admin = @administrators
       browseable = yes
       printable = yes
       writable = no
       guest ok = no
       print command = /usr/bin/printcount.pl# lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r
       valid users = @administrators

[print$]
       comment = Printer Driver Download Area
       path = /var/lib/samba/printers