Dear all:
Now I use samba 2.0.7 for my file server,but I encounter some odd questions,hope to get your help. First question,if I creat one new NULL txt file in samba share folder whose filesystem is FAT,and I open the file in notepad in windows,type some characters,and save the file,but error says "refuse to access".and if the txt file has content,even if one character,there is no the problem.And the problem doesn't appear in ext2 filesystem folder. Second question,if I have changed the smb.conf,for example,I deleted one share folder for user1,but if user1 had opened the share,then he can use the share folder yet unless I kill the smbd process.

and I have solve another odd problem, if I create one new folder or copy folders to the samba share,there will be one error:duplicated name.By mount -o quiet,I solved the problem. Below is my samba config.

   [global]
        netbios name = jack
        workgroup = workgroup
        server string =